One of the biggest things I was looking forward to about moving to Portland was being so close to the beach, for once in my life. It’s kind of a shame that I’ve been here for almost a month, and I just made my first trip to Old Orchard yesterday. Me and my sister (who is also my best friend!) went for an hour of just relaxing in the sun and dipping into the ocean to cool off. What a feeling it was to be able to go to the beach for just an hour, without having to worry about wasting hours of driving for it. Yay!
After many shots together, this was probably the best one that had most of our heads in it. 😀
P.S. Me on the left, my gorgeous sister on the right!
P.S.S. She had no idea I’m posting this picture. oops :p
Lately I’ve been working really hard to get a bunch of aspects of my photography in line. I’m still working on it, and probably will be working on it for quite a while. But that’s okay! One of the major pieces I’ve tried to get squared away is this — my blog. I’ve had to remind myself why it’s important for me to keep up with it. This is what I’ve come up with:
- Even though I have NO idea how many people this is reaching, it helps get my name out there.
- It helps my clients get to see who I am as a person, not just a photographer.
- Keeping up with a blog makes me feel pretty snazzy. 😀 (Not to mention it’ll help keep me in a routine!)
- Posts about my photo shoots allows people to see my work, who may not necessarily see my work on FB or on my website (lifeasiknowitphotography.com)
- Photo shoot posts also allows you to see just a few more than what I post on FB!
So, yeah. That’s why I think it’s important, and it’s good enough for me!
With that said, I’ve created a schedule for my posts, for those who are interested!
- Mondays: Something about yours truly!
- Tuesdays: A non-photo-shoot related photo
- Wednesdays: Photo shoot day!!!
- Thursdays: Another non-photo-shoot related photo
- Fridays: Posts geared towards clients!!
There’s no guarantee that I’ll always follow this schedule. I like to think it’ll keep things exciting that way 🙂
Well, as you can see from when my last post was, I’ve kind of been MIA for a while! Right after I started this blog, I was also working on creating my new website! Then I left to work at a math & science summer camp (because I’m such a dork for science) for four weeks! I’ve been back for two or three weeks now, and since then, I’ve moved into a new place in southern Maine. Needless to say, it’s been a whirlwind lately! I still don’t have internet at my apartment, so I’m relying on Tim Horton’s free wi-fi for the time being :]
I’ve been doing a lot of sessions lately, and I cannot wait to post about them! I’m going to put a lot more energy and motivation into keeping up with my blog, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
On that note, I get to leave for Kentucky tomorrow to go climbing with husband in the Red! I am SO pumped! It’s to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary next week.
And. I was just offered a part-time chemistry position at Portland High School. 😀 Perfect to still maintain my role as photographer!
Excitement and happiness all around!
Until next time..